Summer Undergraduate Research Program – UT MD Anderson, Houston, Texas
06/2016 – 08/2016
• Awarded with stipends to intern in a bioinformatics lab of brain cancer
• Attended meetings and lectures; shadowed weekly at the neuro-oncology and breast surgical departments.
• Conducted and presented two research projects: one comparing three computational tools of telomere length detection, TelSeq, TelomereHunter and Computel, the other identifying a cross-platform model that transforms RNA-sequencing data to microarray in CiberSort, a microenvironment prediction algorithm.
Harper Cancer Research Institute – Notre Dame, IN
08/2015 – 05/2016
• Performed survival and regressional analysis on TCGA endometrial cancer data, using R and excel.
• Assisted in the tissue bank with tissue labeling, preserving, scanning, H&E (Hematoxylin and Eosin) staining, immunohistochemistry staining, and paraffin blocks cutting.
System Biology Lab – Notre Dame, IN
05/2015 – 07/2015
• Interned with stipends to investigate the function of Gli2, a gene found in mouse embryonic stem cells, in human pluripotent stem cells.
• Performed regularly DNA/RNA extraction, cell culture, SDS PAGE, and fluorescent microscopy.
Emotion and Stress Physiology lab – Notre Dame, IN
08/2014 – 05/2015
• Ran study sessions examining people’s attitude towards food and the effect of oxytocin on stress responses.
• Sorted, identified, and analyzed peaks on EEG and RSP data.